Our approach; who we are.
We’re people who love content. We believe in the transformative power of digital and in well-designed, beautiful experiences with extraordinary content at their core.
We can be found in the sunny place where content strategy meets user experience. We work with lots of different charities and other organisations too.
We believe in clarity, but not in dumbing down. We aspire to be useful and interesting. We speak plain English, not consultantese. We want to transform the relationship between organisations and humans. We think that content can make the world a better place.
We don’t like umbrellas, straws or unnecessary capital letters.
Contentious has a small core team, and a wider circle of associates. This enables us to flex and take on projects large and small.
- worked in digital and digital strategy roles for ActionAid, Bond, the Commission for Racial Equality, Conciliation Resources, Plan UK and the government of St Kitts and Nevis;
- written and edited more than 50 books;
- lived and worked in Argentina, Bolivia, Colombia, Devon, France, Italy, London, Mexico and Morocco;
- won one international journalism prize;
- been commissioned to photograph the queen; and
- baked (and eaten) lots of bread and brownies.
Work with us
We work with some awesome associates: content strategists, writers, editors, designers and developers. If you think you’d be a good fit, please use the form below to tell us why and send us some examples of your work.