Content training and mentoringContent and content strategy workshops and bespoke advice
Contentious workshops get to the heart of the issues and reveal practical solutions. They’re interactive, fun, informal and deeply useful.
You get practical tips to take away, interactive exercises, interesting conversations and a generous supply of the famous Contentious homemade brownies.
We can tailor our training if you’d like us to run training in-house. Alternatively, send us your details and we’ll let you know about our open workshops.
We run training online as well as face-to-face, so it isn’t restricted by geography or remote working.
We often combine our training with the creation of bespoke content governance and guidance: useful resources that you can take away and continue to use long after we’ve gone.
We also do content strategy mentoring, which is a great way of getting help and support over a longer period.
The workshop was great. I gained a wealth of resources, materials and tools which I’m still going through!
Sarah Bradford, Head of Communications, Conciliation Resources
Content strategy mentoring
Mentoring is a great way of getting help and insight for your content, your content systems and your workflow. We check in regularly and offer guidance, feedback and moral support. We share our experiences and we work with you to find the best, most strategic way through your content .
Collaboratively working on plans and documents together means you get in-depth, focused, tailored help exactly where you need it.
Content strategy mentoring is especially useful when you are working on a big project like a new website or a rebrand. But it’s also helpful at other times, making sure that you’re maximising the effectiveness and efficiency of all your content.
We can help optimise your systems and processes, set up a content audit or produce a content ecosystem map.
We’ll share some great tools and techniques, solving immediate issues and also equipping you for the future. We’ll turn you into a content strategy wizard.
The content strategy mentoring session with Julius and Laura is honestly the highlight of my week. It’s all downhill from there. 😂
Rachel Bhageerutty, Brooke
Workshops, talks and events we’ve done before
- Writing for digital: a day’s training for Action for Children
- Joining the dots: a CharityComms conference session
- How to change the world with content strategy: a one-day workshop, in London and Berlin
- Content goodness: a Chatham House workshop
- The SEO triangle: a webinar
- Activists not parrots: a Friends of the Earth talk and discussion
- Content strategy for campaigners: an ECF teach-in
- Framing and content strategy: a joint workshop with Small Axe
- Why campaigns need content strategy: a session at the Engaging Networks conference
- A healthy online presence: a Campaign Bootcamp session
- Why email still matters: a Campaign Bootcamp session
- Ask Me Anything: an online discussion of content in campaigning with the Facebook Content Strategists group
- What’s the future of digital? A talk and panel discussion to kick off the Third Sector Digital Leaders Programme.
- Digital MPs: a constructive relationship? An event in parliament with Stella Creasy MP and Esther Foreman.