Who we are
We’re Laura and Julius. We co-founded Contentious. We are content designers, editors and digital strategists. We’ve worked for lots of different charities and other organisations too.
We like helping people create amazing user experiences with beautiful, useful digital content. We don’t like umbrellas, straws or unnecessary capital letters.
Between us we have:
- worked in digital and digital strategy roles for ActionAid, Bond, the Commission for Racial Equality, Conciliation Resources, Plan UK and the government of St Kitts and Nevis;
- written and edited more than 50 books;
- lived and worked in Argentina, Bolivia, Colombia, Devon, France, Italy, London, Mexico and Morocco;
- won one international journalism prize;
- been commissioned to photograph the queen; and
- baked (and eaten) lots of bread and brownies.